PINK SUMMITS 1-4
Our four international medical summits are providing cutting edge research and updating training for the medical providers while stimulating conversation and collaboration among researchers working in the field.
OUR LAST SUMMIT - Our 4th PINK Concussions Summit in Rome - PINK 4 - The was the first ever summit to focused on brain injury in girls and young women under the age of 25, as well as Post Concussion Syndrome in females from an international prospective.
The summit was held as a post-conference session at the 2nd International Conference on Paediatric Acquired Brain Injury in Rome on Saturday 23 September 2017.
Three International PINK Conferences on Female Brain Injury were produced by PINK and PINK Concussions Award Receptions have been held each summit where we award regional, state and national awards.
- PINK 1 hosted by Georgetown University School of Medicine and Medical Center, Feb 2016
- PINK 2 hosted by Palo Alto VA Healthcare System, Oct 2016
- PINK 3 hosted by International Brain Injury Association’s IBIA World Congress in New Orleans, April 2017
Over the course of these four PINK summits:
- 103 Experts have presented research on sex and gender differences in brain injury
- 62 Scientific posters have been presented
- 550+ Participants attended these four summits
- 45 mini expert interviews have been recorded of our PINK Summit Experts
- 7 PINK Concussions Awards have been given to advocates and researchers
- Major Sponsors have been NCAA, US Lacrosse, as well as the US Dept of Veterans Administration
- International Endorsements have been given by BIAA, Brain Injury Canada and Women’s Sports Foundation.
- International Hosts have included VA Healthcare System, International Brain Injury Association and International Paediatric Brain Injury Society
Beyond participants at our live events, thousands of people have been reached via social media
- Twitter Over 11,000 Twitter followers participated across our two accounts
- Facebook We have over 1700+ members of our four PINK support groups as well as a very active PINK Concussions home page
PAST CONFERENCES - click links for more info
PINK 1 The PINK Concussions International Summit on Female Concussion and TBI was the first ever stand alone event on Female Brain Injury and was hosted by Georgetown University Medical Center on Feb 27-28, 2016, with 65 world class concussion and TBI experts presenting 25 papers and 40 posters for 220 participants.
PINK 2 The PINK Concussions Symposium Palo Alto was hosted by the Palo Alto VA Health Care System on October 7-8, 2016, with 35 world class concussion and TBI experts presenting 25 papers and 20 posters for 120 participants.
PINK 3 The PINK Concussions Symposium at the World Brain Injury Congress 2017 was hosted by International Brain Injury Association on Sunday, April 2, 2017, in New Orleans, LA.
PINK 4 The PINK Pediatric Summit in Rome was hosted by International Paediatric Brain Injury Society in Rome, Italy, and was the first ever summit to focused on brain injury in girls and young women under the age of 25, as well as Post Concussion Syndrome in females from an international prospective.